Hyundai's 2.0L and 2.4L Theta II Engine
This engine runs hot, stays hot, and doesn't have enough oil to do anything about it.
- The Theta II engine has a lot of problems.
- Allows contaminates to enter the oil supply. Leading to knocking noises, stalling, a reduction in power, and sludge.
- When the oil becomes too thick with contaminants it can fail abrubtly.
- THe engine should be covered under the manufacturers 10-year, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty
- Owners denied warranty claims even when they present oil change receipts. Hyundai and Kia place th blame on maintenance or after-market oil filters.
- DOHC Inline-Four
- Oil Capacity
- Oil System
- Pressure Fed