Which Engines Have a History of Oil Sludge?
Every engine is susceptible to oil sludge if they're not regularly maintained. There are, however, certain engines that have a sludgy history pointing to a deeper problem.
DaimlerChrysler 2.7L V6 Engine
A defective crankcase ventilation system AND water pump? Let the good times leak.
Toyota 3.0L V6 Engine
Toyota has staunchly maintained that the problems are the owners fault. Toyota is lying.
VW 1.8L Turbocharged Engine
This engine runs hot, stays hot, and doesn't have enough oil to do anything about it.
Oil Sludge News
- Talking Tech: Don't Blame the Oil by Jeff Taylor on AutoServiceWorld.com
- Judge Stands by Attorney Rebukes in VW Oil Sludge Case by Joe Van Acker on Law360.com
- VW Owners Win $15.5M In Attorney Fees In Oil Sludge Case by Kurt Orzeck on Law360.com
- Mazda Accused of Hiding Defects in L-Series Engines by David Woods on CarComplaints.com
- Settlement Addresses Engine-Sludge Issue In Audi A4, VW Passat by Bengt Halvorson on TheCarConnection.com
- Chrysler Won't Budge on Sludge by Ralph Vartabedian on LATimes.com